To become a notary public in the State of Wyoming, a person must be:
- A resident of the State of Wyoming and the county from which they are making application
- 18 years of age or older, and
- able to read and write the English language
- Download and complete the Wyoming Notary application
- Mail the application along with a fee of $30 (check/money order) to the Secretary of State’s Office (see contact mailing address below)
- The Secretary of State’s office will mail notification to you at the mailing address on the application
- Upon receiving notification, you must purchase a $500 Wyoming notary bond* available from most insurance companies
- Take the $500 notary bond to the County Clerk’s Office in the county you reside. Your Wyoming notary bond must be filed with the County Clerk within 60 days of date your commission begins
- Once you receive your notary certificate from the County Clerk you may purchase a notary stamp. Do not order your stamp before knowing your commission expiration date.
* NationwideNotaryBond provides a $500 4-year Wyoming Notary Public Bond including $5,000 4-year FREE Notary Errors & Omissions coverage for only $55.00. They process, execute and deliver notary bonds the same business day your order is received assuring timely approval of your Wyoming notary commission.
Submit your application and $30 filing fee (make checks payable to “Secretary of State”) to:
Secretary of State’s Office
State Capitol Building, 200 West 24th Street
Cheyenne, WY 82002-0020
Items for Page: There are no posts that match the selection criteria.