To become a notary public in the State of Washington, an individual must:
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Be able to read and write in English;
- Live in Washington State, or live in Idaho or Oregon while employed regularly in Washington or doing business in Washington;
- Obtain a four (4) year $10,000 notary bond*
Complete and submit a Notary Public Appointment or Reappointment Application. Be sure to include the following with your application:
- Check or money order for the $30 fee (payable to the Department of Licensing);
- Copy of your $10,000 surety bond*;
*CNASurety (SUR Insurance Agency) offers a $10,000 4-year Washington Notary Bond for only $50.00. You can add $10,000 Notary E & O coverage for just $40.00 more ($25,000 is just $60.00 more). They process, execute and mail notary bonds the same business day your order is received assuring timely approval of your Washington notary commission. A direct bill payment invoice will be included when your bond is issued. Simply remit the appropriate premium to CNASurety within three (3) business days of the date your bond is issued. To apply, complete the Washington Notary Bond application, fill out the form and click the Submit Form button, or print it out and fax your completed application to (605) 335-0357.
Notary public certificates are issued and valid for a period of 4 years.
For more information, please contact:
405 Black Lake Blvd SW
Olympia, WA 98502
Forms with payments
Notaries Public Unit
Department of Licensing
PO Box 9048
Olympia, WA 98507-9048
Items for Page: There are no posts that match the selection criteria.