To become a notary public in the State of South Dakota, an individual must:
- Download and complete the South Carolina Notary Application
- Purchase a notary seal from any office supply store. Once you have purchased a notary seal, make an imprint in the square box in the upper left hand corner of the application.
- Complete your residence address
- Complete the previous notary commission question (if any), your date of birth and answer the felony conviction question
- Complete the oath and bond portions with your signature and the surety signature
- Purchase a $5000 South Dakota Notary bond from an insurance company
- Enclose a $30.00 filing fee (checks payable to Secretary of State) and remit all of the above to the address shown below
* NationwideNotaryBond provides a $5000 South Dakota Notary Bond* including $5,000 6-year FREE Notary Errors & Omissions coverage for only $60.00. They process, execute and deliver notary bonds the same business day your order is received assuring timely approval of your South Dakota notary commission.
For more information, please contact:
Office of Secretary of State
Notary Public Division
500 East Capitol #204
Pierre, SD 57501-5077
Phone: (605) 773-3539
Items for Page: There are no posts that match the selection criteria.