To become a notary public in the State of Iowa, a person must:
- be at least eighteen (18) years of age;
- be a resident of the State of Iowa and the county from which they are making application;
- be able to read and write the English language;
- NOT be a convicted felon.
- Complete the Iowa Notary Application
- Iowa no longer requires a Notary Bond
- Include your filing fee of $30.00. Make check payable to SECRETARY OF STATE.
Using an Iowa Stamp or Seal
Iowa law prescribes information that must be included on the stamp or seal:
- The words “Notarial Seal” and “Iowa”;
- The person’s name (exactly as it appears on the commission certificate);
- The words “Commission Number” followed by the commission number;
- The words “My Commission Expires” followed by the expiration date or a blank line to write in the date.
SECRETARY OF STATE
Notary Public Clerk
Lucas Building, 1st Floor
Des Moines, Iowa 50319
Phone: (515) 281-5204
FAX: (515) 242-5953
Items for Page: There are no posts that match the selection criteria.